Monday 11 January 2010

Felt Flowers

So now that Christmas and New Year are over, I've finally got time to share some details of the craft projects I was working on for the my sister's wedding in December.









Before I get to the wedding itself I wanted to post some pictures of some felt badges that I made for the hen party. Over a blustery weekend in Brighton my sister's friends gathered to drink champagne, catch up and do a bit of dancing. On the Saturday we thought a Seaside Treasure hunt around the Brighton Lanes and on the pier would be a good way for the hens to get to know each other. And as a healthy bit of competition always helps to break the ice I came up with the idea of splitting people into teams with their own team badges.
As I love working with felt I decided some simple felt flowers would work best and it was a great excuse to buy some lovely new felt.
These are really simple and would make a great sewing project for children as they only really involved sewing on the button to attach the felt petals together and then sewing on the safety pin at the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment