Monday 15 March 2010

Material Girl


So now I've made one pair of curtains (one down, one to go) I'm allowing myself to start thinking of other fun sewing projects. For a while now I've had my eye on some cute material in Beyond Fabric, a lovely little shop on Columbia Road. I've just been trying t owork out what to do with it and as I have two friends expecting little ones I've been thinking about making bibs and applique baby grows.

This gave me the perfect excuse to buy this at the weekend.


It's so sweet that I definitely want to make something like a purse for myself as well as baby gifts. Incidentally I've got my eye on the metal snap frame purse course at the Make Lounge but I'm just waiting until I have some money to go on it. 

There are quite a few lovely material websites that I've been lusting over recently and now I've decided what I'm going to make I think I can justify buying some more fabric. Yay!
Just check out these adorable fabrics that designer Jilly P has been working on with Hoffman fabrics. I'll post some of the finished baby stuff once I get around to making it. (Images from Jilly P's blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment