Monday 6 September 2010

Junk Shop Stool: Before & After

Last time I went down to Wiltshire to visit my lovely friends at Robin & Mould, they took me to the most amazing junk shop. I bought lots of vintage china teacups and a footstool that the guy in the shop threw in for free. Obviously it's taken me a few months to get round to covering it but I'm pretty pleased with the result.Huge thanks to my wonderful boyfriend who did most of the hard graft - sandpapering and varnishing. The material is from two Orla Kiely pillow cases that I unpicked, lined and then sewed back together. It's such a shame that you can't buy her fabric by the metre here but this probably worked out cheaper, and I'm going to use the leftover material to cover some chairs (I'll post photos when they're done).
Here's what the stool looked like at various stages along the way:

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Thinking of an Orliey K design myself for new project. Looks fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Miss D! It looks amazing. Well done you. Am most jealous... and that's reminded me to go visit that shop again although the house is getting a bit stuffed these days. C found some old school desks last week being thrown out! We'll have to have a yard sale one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Dana! Well done, you put me to shame.

    ReplyDelete